Saturday, 1 December 2012
Today is a sad day. Zig Ziglar is being laid to rest after a career that inspired hundreds of thousands of people to new heights and pride in the profession of sales. Listening to the celebration of Zig’s life via the “Live 365” iPhone app, I heard a clip of Zig asking people to imagine a place where you look back and say, “I wish I had” or “I’m glad I did.” Those of us who have read his books, listened to his tapes or watched his videos can clearly tell that Zig lived in the latter camp.
Here are a few famous Zig quotes. I hope it inspires you to seek-out more of the wisdom that will survive his time on earth.
10) “Remember that failure is an event, not a person.”
9) “You will get all you want in life, if you help enough other people get what they want.”
8 ) “People often say motivation doesn’t last. Neither does bathing—that’s why we recommend it daily.”
7) “There has never been a statue erected to honor a critic.”
6) “People don’t buy for logical reasons. They buy for emotional reasons.”
5) “Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.”
4) “If you go looking for a friend, you’re going to find they’re scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you’ll find them everywhere.”
3) “A goal properly set is halfway reached.”
2) “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.”
1) “If you can dream it, you can achieve it.”