Friday, 30 November 2012
Time to Get Serious!
Okay, it’s the last day of November. Fellas, it’s time to shave off those ridiculous moustaches. Time to prepare for the most lucrative season of the year. For those of you who don’t know why last Friday was “black Friday,” it’s because retail businesses in the US are said to be working at a loss all year (or “in the red”), until this date. It’s the most wonderful time of the year!
Stand-up straight. Check your breath. Smile. Remember your training. This is not only the most profitable time of the year, it’s your biggest chance to make a great impression on new clients and earn a lifetime’s worth of business from them, their family and their friends.
· Listen actively to people
· Don’t prejudge based on looks
· Be able to quickly prequalify your store
· Be security conscious and effective with the rule of three
· Sell from the top-down to increase your average sale
· Don’t be a smarty-pants
· Don’t forget to ask for the sale
· Work as a team to make sales
· Do this all well, and you’ll definitely have fun this Christmas season
These are a few posts to review in order to prepare yourself for the season. For more, visit the blogsite and scroll-down on the left to select “selling jewellery” from the “Labels” menu, and it will show over 150 selling tips. It’s my most popular subject.