Thursday 1 November 2012

Nice Math!


The Jewellery Factory in New Jersey obviously flunked math.  They advertise a $3,000 Tiffany anniversary ring that they sell for only $699.  Later in the ad they boast that their jewellery is guaranteed to appraise for double.  So that $699 ring will appraise for $1,400 … and it’s being compared to a $3,000 Tiffany ring … right!

David Ogilvy said, “the heart and soul of advertising is a BIG PROMISE.”  Just make sure your big promises make big sense.

If you haven’t already, don’t forget to notify me about who I can contact about collecting gold scraps for Haiti (see yesterday’s blog).  I need 50 jewellers to collect an average of 40 grams each to make my goal.  40 grams is not much but it will have a huge impact on the kids I visit in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.