Monday 30 July 2012

Kickin' it Old School


I get it.  We live in a digital age.  I’m well immersed in it.  I sometimes use it too much.  I was thankful that when my Mom’s birthday snuck-up on me I was able to send a World Vision gift in her name along with a digital birthday card.

Today is my birthday.  I have friends and family who love me.  I’ve received many Facebook birthday greetings, but I only received one birthday greeting in the mail.  I actually got it last week, and I’ve had it in my pocket and it’s added anticipation to this day.  The birthday card was from Starbucks, and I can redeem it for any drink I want; even the froo-froo drinks with whipped cream, sprinkles, extra shots and whatever I want!  Woo Hoo!

In this digital age when everything is so instant and easy, don’t underestimate the impact of “kicking it old-school.”  Birthday cards and thank you cards via snail mail still are more highly read, more prized than anything you can do digitally.  And don’t underestimate the impact of a simple gift worth as little as $5.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.