Wednesday 4 July 2012

Musical Video Blog - Some Jeweller Like You

Okay die-hard Toddwaz fans.  I can't show this to any of my non-jewellery friends because it doesn't mean anything to them.  Chain jewellery stores are often a training ground for the jewellery industry, but we know that the independent jewellers are the BEST.  If you've worked for both, you might just get  a kick out of this Adele parody, called Some Jeweller Like You.  Enjoy.



Some Jeweller Like You

I heard that you’re settled down
That you signed a lease, independent jeweller now-ow-ow
I heard that your dreams came true
Guess it gives you cash … I didn’t pay to you oo-oo

Old friend, why are you so sly?
Ain’t like you to abandon ship and head for the light

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited
But I couldn’t stay away, I couldn’t fight it.
I had to find some staff, that of you I’d be reminded
But for me it it’s over

Never mind, I’ll find someone like you
Who I’ll pay diddly squat, just like I used to you
Don’t forget Peoples, I beg
I remember you said
Some day I’ll leave, and take away your best sales
Some day if Hell is froze, I’ll come back to work for Zales

You know how the time works
Seems only yesterday we were both working at Birks
We were born and raised
In that blue-box craze
Before they were Bought out by those Mayors guys

I hate to turn my back on their blue-haired clients
But I couldn’t stand the pay, I couldn’t fight it.
I Hoped to see some Rolex in our store I wouldn’t mind it but for me it’s over.

Never mind, I’ll find someone like you
I wish I could recruit the best like you do
Don’t forget me, I beg
I remember you said,
Some day I’ll leave and open a store instead.

Working for Kays
It hardly pays
Designer jewellery
Is what I wanna see.
Who could have known how much better life could be?

Never mind, I’ll work for a jeweller like you
I want diamonds that are better than I2
Please hire me, I beg
I remember you said,
Independent jewellers are better in the show-bed...

Never mind, I’ll work for someone like you
I’ll sell nothing but the best like you do
Don’t forget me, I beg
I remember you said
You’d leave someday and take away all my best sales
Now I wanna to work for you … and to hell with Zales


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.