Sunday 27 May 2012

Early Adopters


Even though social media has been around for a number of years, I still consider myself an “early adopter” of social media marketing.  I had Facebook and Twitter accounts for a long time.  As I sat around a table of 24kt club members who all agreed that they needed to get involved in social media, I immediately stepped-up my involvement.  Over the past 6 months, I’ve turned the old Road Reflections into The Toddwaz Report, with a hosted blog-site, Facebook fan page, Twitter feed, LinkedIn profile and a website to refer users to any of these vehicles.

The great thing about being an early adopter is that there are no standards yet to measure up to.  You can make mistakes (like I have,) and work your way up.  Dick Jewell was the first one I knew who carried Pandora.  When he began building the brand in Red Deer, he had a small buy-in, and was able to grow with the brand.

When new opportunities come your way, take a look at all of them.  Take action on the ones you are excited about.  Don’t be a constant “late adopter.”  Late adopters not only risk being excluded from new product lines and trends, but they also miss-out on the learning curve achieved by starting sooner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.