Monday, 28 May 2012
Goin' to Vegas VIDEO BLOG
Okay, I’m all set for JCK Las Vegas. I’m leaving tomorrow and I just can’t wait!
I’ve got all of the essentials; my passport, business cards, appointment calendar, suntan lotion, monochromatic money, energy pills and my toothbrush.
Whether you’re going to Vegas or the Western Canadian Jewellery Expo, CJG or JCK Toronto, I hope to see you soon!
Why? So I can sell you jewellery? Well, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t look forward to that, but we’re not in all of those shows.
I know a lot of you say, you don’t always go to shows because of vacation schedules, cost or because you can just sit in your store and wait for your suppliers to come see you.
Bad excuses! Come on people! Here are the top 10 reasons to go to jewellery trade shows and build your business!
1. See full product lines from your suppliers, not just what fits in the travellers’ trunk.
2. See full product lines that your competitors are carrying so you know what you’re up against.
3. You can meet your suppliers face-to-face. Once there’s an in-person connection, that voice on the other end of the phone will do more for you!
4. Discover the latest trends, and see if you can’t just spot the next Pandora.
5. Network with other jewellers and share ideas.
6. Attend FREE educational presentations from people who would cost you thousands of dollars to have in your store.
7. Take advantage of show-specials not available through your sales rep.
8. Get your head out of your local scene and embrace the bigger industry for Pete’s sake!
9. Treat a key staff member to a memorable trip and vulcanize their passion for our amazing industry.
10. Search for hard-to-find special requests for hard-to-satisfy clients.
That’s just a few. I didn’t even get to mention tourist attractions, cocktail receptions, hosted dinners, the JCK Beach Party with One Republic or tax-deductible vacations.
Well, I guess I did mention them after all. If I don’t see you in Vegas, I hope to see you in Edmonton or Toronto.