Tuesday 21 August 2012

"Yes-and-Now"


As I had mentioned last week, Peter and I had been working on a contest for the trade shows.  Giving a prize with purchase is not only fun, but it can also help reduce returns.  We gave away instant prizes and grand prizes at both the CJG Buying Show and the Western Canadian Jewellery Expo.  Both contests had the desired twin effects of “yes-and-now.”  When there’s no urgency your clients can easily decide “maybe-and-later;” and as my parents taught me “maybe” usually means “not gonna happen.”

From the CJG Show, I want to congratulate Wayne Fisher of Richardson’s Lloydminster on his grand-prize fishing trip to Vancouver, courtesy of Customgold and Courtney Gold.  I hope you catch some massive salmon!  From the Edmonton show I had the pleasure of informing Stacey Saunders of Gelmici Jewellers in Edson of her two-night Vancouver Canucks experience.  We haven’t set the date yet, but if the NHL is operational, maybe we can arrange for a date when the Oilers are in town so that she can see some real action!

Thanks to all of you who participated.  It was fun to reward you for your patronage!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.