Friday 7 September 2012

Your Job Description


I don’t recall who I heard this from, so if anyone knows the origin, please tell me so that I can give credit where credit is due.  Whether you have a job description or not, there are things you need to do as a regular part of your days, weeks and months in order to be successful.  Once per year, sit down and write-out a job description for yourself.  Describe all of the best practices that will earn you the most loyalty from your clients and your coworkers.  Include things that you’re proud of doing on a regular basis along with tasks that you think will improve your effectiveness.

It doesn’t need to be formal, and you don’t have to share it if you’d rather keep it to yourself.  I’ve done this several times, and it always prompts me to do one or two things better in the year ahead. 

Speaking of which, it’s about time for me to do it again myself!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.