Monday 8 October 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!


We're in the middle of reviewing some of ARMS best practices and tomorrow will be a third installment.  Since it's a holiday monday, I thought I'd keep it light by forwarding a great insight from my favorite blogger, Seth Godin.

Thanks.

The curious imperative


Now that information is ubiquitous, the obligation changes. It's no longer okay to not know.
If you don't know what a word means, look it up.
If you're meeting with someone, check them out in advance.
If it sounds too good to be true, Google it before you forward it.
If you don't know what questions to ask your doctor, find them before your appointment.
If it's important, do your homework.
I confess that I'm amazed when I meet hard-working, smart people who are completely clueless about how their industry works, how their tools work...
It never made sense to be proud of being ignorant, but we're in a new era now. Look it up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.